The radiant cut is a much newer diamond cut than many others you see today. This cut was created in 1977 by Henry Grossbard. Grossbard was an expert diamond cutter with more than 30 years of experience at the time. He wanted to create a new cut that made the most of a diamond’s brilliance potential.
The radiant cut has grown in popularity since its creation in the late 1970s. In fact, it is a very popular cut for celebrity engagement rings since it’s known for having lots of sparkle!
- Ideal Table Percentage: 64% - 73%
- Ideal Depth Percentage: 58% - 75%
- Ideal Length to Width Ratio: 1.10 - 1.18 or 1.00 - 1.05
Likely the best style of setting for a radiant cut diamond is the four-prong solitaire. This is a style that gives you a simple band, so your diamond is the true star of the piece. One of the benefits of choosing a solitaire setting is that they tend to be less expensive than many other settings, allowing you to pay more for your diamond!
A four-prong solitaire setting will give your radiant cut diamond plenty of protection on all four corners as well. This can be a great benefit due to the sharper corners on this diamond cut versus round cuts.
Another popular option of setting is pavé settings. These are similar to solitaires, but you will find smaller accent diamonds on the band of the ring. The addition of these smaller diamonds can help add even more sparkle to your already brilliant radiant cut.
Pave settings come in a variety of different styles, allowing you to choose one that matches your personal taste. Some of the most popular options for radiant cut diamonds include twist bands and knife edge bands. Pave settings offer added style, sparkle, and uniqueness to your ring!
- Radiant cut diamonds have very strong brilliance, which is the amount of white light that they reflect. The high number of facets allows this cut to have impressive brilliance.
- With a radiant cut, you aren’t set on one shape. You can choose a square cut or go elongated with a rectangle cut.
- This cut is known for being durable and able to stand up to everyday wear.
- Radiant cut diamonds are more affordable compared to other cuts.
A radiant cut diamond is a perfect option for anyone who wants a stone that stands out from the crowd. Its impressive light reflection and durability make it a great option for everyday wear!